Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is one of the best internet marketing techniques to get website traffic through search engines. The importance of ranking well can make the difference between a successful and unsuccessful online business. Although SEO traffic is considered free, the blood, sweat, and tears that go into optimising sites to rank well require long tedious hours of tweaking, optimising, analysing, and marketing. There are a number of SEO applications out there that currently offer some form of SEO analysis and reporting. Many of these apps are free, or their pro versions are very low-cost. Obviously, some are better than others, so here’s a list of five of the most popular SEO Apps:
- SECockpit (Search Engine Cockpit) is a keyword research tool available for both desktop and mobile (only for the iPhone). SECockpit generates keyword ideas and automatically gathers and combines keyword mining data with the competitive analysis necessary to make keyword research decisions easier.
- Website SEO Analyser App is an SEO tool set available for free through iTunes for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. This SEO app automatically analyses websites and creates a report with a breakdown of both on-page and off-page SEO factors. The SEO diagnostic analysis generated creates a detailed list of recommended improvements for your website.
- SEO Search Ranking is an SEO ranking app available through the iTunes app store for iPhone and iPad users. The app allows you to easily monitor the position of your site’s search engine rankings (SERP) for specified keywords. You can analyse rankings for an unlimited number of keywords for as many websites as you’d like. This allows you to quickly access your search ranking information for quick and easy analysis necessary for optimisation recommendations.
- WebRank SEO – Is an Android app that offers a free SEO competitive analysis of websites. The app reports back website ranking, sociometrics as well as on page and off page such as site speed, meta data and inbound links as well as other SEO variables to give you a holistic view of your site’s total SEO rankings and, unlike many other ranking tools, it analyses ranking across Google, Bing and Yahoo instead of just Google.
- SpyderMate SEO Scorecard is a free Android app created to score any domain based on SEO ranking factors based on Domain Authority, Domain Back links, Traffic Value, Keyword Rankings and Sociometrics. The SpyderMate SEO scores websites’ performance, giving you a snapshot of your site’s overall SEO stats and identifying competitive advantages and weaknesses.
This list could go on and on, but these key apps seem to cover most SEO reporting and analysis needs across the widest variety of platforms. With the myriad of SEO tools available across multiple mobile operating systems, it has become easier for SEO professionals and internet marketers to monitor and analyse SEO data for their websites no matter where they are. The changing face of mobile is empowering marketers to work better, faster, and longer – getting them better results.
The Internet Marketing Academy
(Image by Stuart Miles at FreeDigitalPhotos.net)