The holidays are a time when many people spend a bit more than they should. The joy of gift giving during the Christmas season makes people dig a little deeper when shopping. Physical store locations create beautiful window displays that capitalize on the season. Online sellers should do to same. Integrating Christmas imagery in your existing sales website can help you to increase your sales this holiday season. There are several different ways to add a Christmas feel to your site, and you should employ them all.
- Change the overall theme – most websites are designed so that certain elements remain the same from page to page. This is referred to as the theme of the site. Change the theme to reflect a holiday spirit, to get shoppers in the right frame of mind. Christmas imagery like decorations, wrapped presents, holiday lights or a Christmas tree are all possible examples.
- Place sale items in the forefront – make sure to highlight your sale items and include information about their potential as gifts. Draw a strong connection between your sale items and holiday giving.
- Colour scheme is crucial – any other time of the year, a subdued colour palate can be used to create a feeling of warmth, but for Christmas, bright colours act as an attraction. You do not need to stick with traditional red and green, but bright colours that compliment each other are a must.
- Create a Christmas logo – while all of your products should be sold under your regular logo, a special holiday design can capture imaginations. Many large retailers use a different holiday exclusive design each year. Stay on top of trends and find something that tickles the funny bone or warms the heart of the average consumer.
- Offer services specific to the holiday – including services like gift wrapping and drop shipping are a solid choice as part of your holiday campaign. Include vivid advertisements that demonstrate the ease of shopping on your site. Let consumers know that your site is truly a one stop shopping location.
These strategies can help to boost final quarter sales by encouraging additional holiday spending. Giving consumers a visual reminder of the season and using subtle reinforcement like the overall colour scheme and logo design will help put them in the shopping mood. You can not give them the opportunity to hold a product prior to purchase, but you can give them a festive atmosphere in which to shop. Thoughtful use of animations is a great addition to any holiday website, and paying attention to the hot gifts of the season will help you to determine the best items to put up for sale.