It is no secret that mobile marketing is essential in marketing your business. Everywhere you look; there is a mobile phone being used to accessing the Internet, texting, emailing and yes, making calls. If you do not have a mobile marketing campaign, you are losing potential revenue. On the other hand, if your mobile campaign is not successful, you are going to lose revenue.
There are many possible reasons your mobile marketing strategy might not be working. The following reasons are some of the most common mistakes that can ruin a mobile campaign. Use these to evaluate your own campaign and make corrections that generate more traffic to your business.
1. No contact or action information: If you want people to reach your business through mobile marketing, you have to target them specifically. It has been proven time and again that mobile users who search for a business or service on their smart phone are ready to either call the business or purchase online. If your business shows up in the search but does not have an action, such as “contact us” or “enter your zip code for locations”, you are wasting your time and the consumers. Your mobile ad should not send users to your regular website; it should reach a landing page customised for mobile users.
2. Purchasing sales leads: This should not have to be included in this list; however, there continues to be marketing coordinators who buy cell phone numbers in order to target them with sales. You do not want to waste your marketing budget on a list that may not be anywhere near your target audience. Gather your own list from your website or business inquiries.
3. Over use of text marketing: No one wants to get a text message at 2 A.M. with a discount offer on tires. Overuse of text marketing, and sending them at inappropriate times, can actually hurt your business. Keep texts to a minimum and only during business hours.
4. Discounts, promotions and offers: If your mobile marketing campaign does not have an offer or promotion, you are losing revenue. Make sure you are offering the consumer something for their time and patronage.
5. Asking for too much information: Mobile devices are not always the easiest to use for inputting information. If you are mobile campaign asks the user too many questions, or for too much information, they will most likely find another business. All you really need is an email address so that you can reply to their inquiries.
7. QR Codes: QR codes can be found practically everywhere. However, if your QR code does not take the user to a landing page with relevant information or an action, you are wasting time.
These are just seven of the biggest makes you can make in your mobile marketing campaign. There are many more blunders that can cause failure. If you have a mobile campaign mistake, and you would like to share, use the comment box and send me your thoughts. I would love to hear from you.
Need more help with your mobile marketing stratgey? Try this article:
The Internet Marketing Academy
(Image Source: MobileReady via WikiMedia Commons)