Successfully marketing on social media requires just as much planning as any other marketing tool. If you simply jumped in and started trying to build a large Facebook fan base with no foundation, it is no wonder that you have simply been spinning your wheels. There are several things to remember about marketing your company on Facebook, and the first is that Facebook is all about making genuine connections with other people. Below are the top five ways to connect to the right people on a social media forum.
1. Determine Your Demographic. To create a successful social media marketing strategy, you must know who your target clients are. Successful campaigns are highly targeted and very specific. Online marketing is all about marketing to the niche. Facebook allows your company to target a very specific niche of people to get the best possible results for your company. Know who your target market is, before you begin your Facebook marketing campaign to achieve maximum success. There are over 500 million Facebook users, and if you do not target your marketing efforts you wind up wasting a considerable amount of time.
2. Find and Connect with Your Demographic on Facebook. Once you have decided upon your target demographic, every succeeding action needs to be focused on connecting you with your target demographic. No matter what the action is, it should be highly targeted, regardless whether you are creating business page, posting a status update, sharing industry tips, or sending friend requests, keep in mind how to use each of these actions to best reach your target demographic.
3. Maintain Facebook Activity Levels. Facebook will only work as a marketing tool, if your page remains current and regularly updated. It takes considerable dedication to ensure that you are keeping your Facebook activity levels high. If you cease posting, or interacting with others on Facebook, you wind up losing their interest and failing to grow your connections. Unlike general marketing efforts, Facebook allows you to focus on only those who are most likely to be interested in your company. Thus, your response rates will be significantly increased using this marketing effort.
4. Establish your Expertise. Facebook marketing is more about direct interaction with consumers than any other type of marketing. To be successful, you need to convince consumers of your company’s expertise within its industry. Offer helpful tips and how-to information to teach customers about the industry and establish your expertise.
5. Create a Business Page. Profile pages are the foundation of Facebook marketing. Originally, all pages were personal, so if your company has a long standing personal page, it is time to switch to a business page. If you have not yet created your business page, do so immediately. You can not effectively drive sales without a link to your company site, and your business page will help drive traffic back and forth.